Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Rocks Revisited

I received some comments on my "Pet Rock" post that had me wondering about neat things to do with rocks. My blog friend Shelley mentioned scripture rocks. I'm going to make some of these for my garden and my desk at work. I have some favorite short verses that will work perfectly!


I found this little cutie when I searched for painted rocks on Etsy. I love how pretty she looks nestled in the fern. She has some cousins too! You can see them here.


Take a look at these beauties. Warm & toasty little rocks. They're also on Etsy ~ there's a lovely selection of rock photos to see. You can also see more of this artist's work on her blog. There's a lot of inspiration there!!




Off to the rock store I go! Actually, we've got a store called The Stone Store. I'll have to check it out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very clever...I love especially the ones with scriptures on them...very much!

Jo said...

Wow, I used to paint rocks when I was younger... I guess I was ahead of my time. :-)

The scripture ones are kinda cool. I really like the lady bug one... I might steal that idea.

Debbie said...

I think the scripture stones are really nice. Somewhere I have a magazine or a book where the person painted animals on the large creek stones and I thought that was so cool. Would love to have a 'stone garden' with lots of critters!

Take Care,
Debbie

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Hi Marie - I have written inspirational words on rocks, but never scripture. I didn't think I had the room, will re look at my rock collection now. Thanks for the great idea. I pinned this! ~ Abby