Wednesday, April 22, 2009

When Life Gets Me Down...


...these sweet faces lift me up!



Life's getting me down right now ~ my dear sister-in-law Sharon's sister took her own life this past weekend. Needless to say Sharon is devasted by this. I'm headed to Michigan tomorrow night to be with Sharon, my mom and the rest of my family and I'm praying the Lord gives me words of comfort to share. One of these sweet little faces (Charlotte) will be going with me ~ her mom will too. Sharon hasn't met Charlotte yet ~ so I think it's a blessing that the Lord worked it out for her to go with me. She'll be a sweet little diversion!


Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
Psalm 23:4

4 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

Oh Marie-I am so sorry for your sad news. What a heartbreak for her family. I'm glad that you are able to go and I'm sure you'll know just the right thing to say. You won't be alone and neither will the family-I hope you can all feel the loving arms of our Father.
Peace.

Susan Holt Simpson said...

So sorry to hear of your (and your family's) loss! He will strengthen you as you lean on Him.

s

Regina said...

Marie,

Your family is in my prayers. I hope that you, Katie, and Charlotte are able to be bight spots in a dark situation. I know that with every hug and tear and prayer, your family will be getting a reminder of how much they are loved. And that their grief is not unnoticed.

Be safe.
Love, Regina

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

I'm so sorry to hear of this devastating loss. The baby will be such a blessing to all. My first granddaughter was born six months before we went through an unexpected death in our family. She was the only reason we smiled during those dark days.
Your family will be in my prayers.