Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Laundry Room Update


Remember this post?
Well, the work on our laundry room began yesterday (Monday)! I am so excited!
This is what was waiting for me when I got home from work. No closet ~ it's gone and my laundry is so much bigger now!


See the box of rags? That's where the closet used to be. Now it's just a spacious wall...waiting to be decorated!


With the washer and dryer out of the room you can see "down" into my storage room. We live in a split level. You enter into the living room on the main level and you can go up to the bedroom level or down to the family room level. That's where this laundry room is ~ off the family room. You can also go down one more level to Mandy's "suite" and the storage room. I've never liked that you can "see through" the wall. It'll be great to have a wall to stop the stray socks from falling down into the storage room. Plus Mandy won't be able to hear the washer & dryer quite so well ~ there's no door to the storage room ~ just a curtain. The wall willbe some welcome sound-proofing.


There will definitely have to be some serious vacuuming down in the storage room once the work is done. But I'm not going to mind that at all!


I shared a peek of the new back door in my previous laundry room post ~ but here it is again with the (between the glass) mini-blinds opened!


I stopped at Lowe's to look at floor and paint samples. We want to put in vinyl tiles but I didn't see anything I liked today. Although I brought home a bunch of paint samples.
Any suggestions or links to laundry rooms you'd like to share?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Marie!
Your blog looks wonderful!!!
I haven't been by in a while, and I really like the new look.
Hugs,
Melissa

Scrap for Joy said...

Wow-you're really all over this project Miss Marie! I'm still trying to make a decision about vanities for our bathrooms. You'll be finished way before me! It's looking like a bigger space already!