Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mossy Goodness

We've had a lot of rain this month and a lot of rain last month.  One of the things I've noticed since all the rain is this wonderful patch of very green moss ~ it covers an area about 2 feet by 3 feet.  The moss is so bright and vivid.  I've never seen this color in my yard before. Most of it is a darker green.



I looked around on the Internet and discovered that it looks a lot like Scotch or Irish Moss.  I also found this photo (I forgot to save the link) showing this type of moss used around rock stairs. I love it ~ and I have a perfect spot for it too.  Now to just find the time.........



2 comments:

Ann said...

I've always liked the look of moss and I really like the way they did that with the stairs

Christy Grant said...

I found my way here from a Pinterest link and I am so glad. I really like your blog (I see you are a Christian, too.) I love the piece with the Thomas Jefferson quote. This blog gives me a good feeling.