Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Penelope

I got another chance to have a little one on one time with one of my grandbabies.  Tuesday night Penelope spent a few hours with me. We had a great time playing with Gramma's necklaces, watching a Christmas show on TV, eating dinner together and checking out ornaments on Gramma's tree.  That was Penelope's favorite thing to do!


The next photo shows Penelope reading a tiny little book ornament.  It's one of four that I bought for my children long ago.  She's looking at the book that belonged to her daddy and that's him in the photo on the tree. 



She decided that she wanted to spend the night and put a pillow under the tree. She grabbed a soft, fuzzy blanket and her stuffed kitty and laid right done.  Then she said, "Gramma the tree looks different from down here!"  That led to 30 minutes more of checking out the ornaments ~ from a whole new perspective!


Then I had to bundle this sweet thing up and take her home.  We had a wonderful evening...this sweet little girl and I.  She is such a dear...and quite the character too!
One of her new favorite phrases is "Oh come on...!" ~ said with feeling.  That's what she just finished saying when I snapped this photo.

6 comments:

Ann said...

She is absolutely adorable. How fun to have her for the evening.

Debbie said...

She is so precious and growing up so fast. I remember when she was born. Your going to have a fun Christmas with all the little ones around. I love your tree!

Merry Christmas!

*hugs*
Debbie

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Marie...Penelope is just BEAUTIFUL!! Your photos of her are so gorgeous by the light of the Christmas tree. I remember laying under the tree just like she did, and it was MAGICAL!! Such precious grandbabies you have dear heart ~ I know you are loving spending time with them this Christmas season. I hope you are doing wonderful!! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas sweet friend, hugs and love, Dawn

Mosaic Magpie said...

Marie,
What special memories you are creating here. I remember visit with my grandmother....those are some of my favorite memories.
Deb

Simply Shelley said...

Such a sweet post Marie...your little angel is precious...love those one on one times with my grands...blessings

Susan Holt Simpson said...

What a magical night for you and your dear grandbaby! I'm so glad she got to spend some time looking at the tree from the bottom up - very different, and a great place to spend the night, even. Maybe not much actual SLEEP, though, hahahaha.

So glad you are enjoying your holiday time!