Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Lilacs

Our Lilac bush is putting on a splendid display this year!  
It's especially nice if you're really tall.  
We need to re-think our pruning plan because most of the growth is 
6 to 10 feet above the ground. 
There's not a whole lot happening below that level...


But otherwise, these blooms are amazing...and the scent is divine!!







I think we had about 6 blooms last year...makes me kind of nervous about cutting this back at all.  But it would be nice if the "littles" could see these pretty blooms! 
Guess I'll be visiting THIS WEBSITE and doing a bit of studying!!



3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your lilacs are beautiful! Ours are just now starting to bloom. Like yours, all of the blooms are at the top. I wonder if the harsh winter had something to do with it?

Ann Thompson said...

I love lilacs, they smell wonderful. We had several large bushes when I was growing up. I've tried to plant them a few times here and they've never lived.

Barbara Eads said...

Your lilacs are incredible!! I can smell them from here!