Sunday, July 24, 2016

Don't Judge A "Box" By It's Cover

I love a trip to the thrift store...and I really love it when I find an unexpected surprise!  
Like this one....an Electricity Kit for $2.99.  I'm not sure why I grabbed it off the shelf...maybe because it looked old and interesting!! 


It looked even more interesting when I saw the top of the box.  I saw the word "ornaments"!!  
Woo Hoo!  Vintage ornaments??? Maybe!
I peeked in the box and saw some shiny metallic and some poinsettia printed paper.  
Then I closed it back up and put in my cart.  Yep...I pretty much bought it sight unseen.


When I got home and opened it...well, let's just say it was worth it!
Have a look at all my wonderful treasures.

  










Pretty ornaments and this really lovely piece of Christmas gift wrap.  I love vintage Christmas things. They're hard to find, so it's really special when I do.  I'll use some of them in my Christmas decorating...but most will be used in my Christmas creating.  
Maybe I'll make something like THIS or THIS.   


Remember...never judge a "box" by it's cover...there might be vintage treasure inside!





2 comments:

Ann said...

what a great find. Nice surprise in that box. Those mostly look like hand made ones too

Barbara Eads said...

That box is so vintage and cool too! For $2.99 I would've bought it too! The vintage Christmas tidbits are just the icing on the cake!