Monday, October 10, 2016

The Craft Shows are Coming!! The Craft Shows are Coming!!

I have been collecting craft supplies for a lot of years.  Probably 25 years.  I use up a lot of supplies when I make things...but honestly, there seems to be no way I can "make" fast enough.
For years I've enjoyed taking old stuff and repurposing it into new stuff.  I was constantly on the look out for vintage sewing & kitchen items, baby shoes, old china pieces and bakeware, buttons, baubles, and bows....well you get the idea.  Plus I've always been quick to make a purchase at those after Christmas clearance sales...actually after anything clearance sales!! 
This year I decided it was time to use up as much of the accumulated stuff as possible.  That means no buying additional supplies unless it's absolutely needed to complete a project.
Like glue sticks or fiberfill for instance.
I'm happy to say that so far I've been successful!!  
I haven't had to buy anything yet...not even glue sticks.  I discovered that I hoard those too!!

Here's a look at some of the things I've made for my two upcoming craft shows!















There's more in the works!
The only negative thing so far....most everything I'm making is small in size.  There doesn't appear to be less of anything as far as supplies go.  But I'll keep at it!

4 comments:

Ann said...

Everything looks great. I'm sure all these will be a hit at the craft shows.
I so understand about collecting craft supplies. I've been trying to use up the old but I have such a weakness for craft goodies.

Barbara Eads said...

Your crafts are so cute! I love the old thread spools with the brush trees on top. The baby shoes are adorable and the little Christmas scenes on the spice tins are genius! I love it all! I know you are going to have great sales! Thanks for sharing!

Scrap for Joy said...

You work very hard every year (at all hours of the day and night) making things for your craft show. You can just tell that you love what you do...the "making" is as satisfying as the collecting and amassing. (I refuse to use the word hoarding...we collect) I am always impressed that ever year you come up with new and cuter things! I hope your show is successful and that the lookers become buyers, and appreciate all of your love and hard work.
xoxo
Joyce

Simply Shelley said...

Such sweet things you have created Marie. They are bound to sell in a hurry. Blessings