Thursday, February 20, 2014

Bathroom Progress

Nothing like an out of town guest to get me to finish a decorating
project....namely the bathroom remodel I mentioned back in November. 
Thanks Mom!
 

One of the things I needed to do was add a shelf above the toilet.  I really had no idea what I wanted.  But while going through my stash of stuff I came across these metal brackets. I recently picked them up at a thrift store for a mere $1.98!


I also discovered this tray...another thrift store purchase.  I saw something similar at an antique mall and the tag said it was a cigar tray.  However I haven't been able to find any info to confirm that.  Honestly I don't particularly care what it was....now it's my bathroom shelf!! 
Bill attached it to the brackets for me. 

 
 

  I added a linen doily, a pretty jar for storage, and a couple other treasures. 
I love how it looks!!



Finally settled on a shower curtain too.  White chenille...perfectly simple! 
I added a great old mirror (it's in the first photo) and a 'gallery wall' too.
Stay tuned for a look at it....real soon.

 
 

5 comments:

Ann said...

Your custom made, one of a kind shelf is awesome. What a great idea to use that tray. I also LOVE that shower curtain

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Love it all! The white chenille shower curtain is a favorite of mine. I love white anywhere. And The picture is so beautiful just perfect where you have it.

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely. You and Bill do good work. Pj

Theresa said...

Just found your blog a few days ago and love it. I have read back to July 2012 so far. Your home looks so cozy and welcoming.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love it, and your shower curtain too. I have no idea what it was, but it sure makes a fun shelf.