Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve


We went to a beautiful candlelight service at church tonight. People from our congregation played and sang music, read scripture and took communion ~ all in remembrance of the sweet baby Jesus who came to save the world. It was a very special time.


Now we're home ~ just the four of us. My husband, his dad, our Mandy and me. It's the first year that we haven't had the whole bunch here. The others are all at their homes beginning their own traditions and we're here making a few changes to some of ours. I was dreading it ~ but ~ I saw Katie, Mark & Charlotte (poor baby has a cold for her first Christmas) at church. I spoke with Kevin and Jacqi ~ six month pregnant Jacqi isn't feeling well today and I spoke with Joe ~ he and Johanna are enjoying Elijah's first Christmas Eve. They'll all be here tomorrow! So that will be great fun! The rest of us are enjoying a quiet evening ~ finishing up a little wrapping, watching Christmas shows on TV and just getting ready for tomorrow. Change isn't so bad...


I found these images today ~ I don't have any stockings hanging at my house this year ~ maybe that's why I thought these were so sweet.




~ Sweet Dreams ~

1 comment:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

It is sometimes difficult to handle changes. Since we moved across the country, I miss Christmas with my mom & dad so badly. Even though we're beginning new traditions, my heart still aches just a little for the old days. But I try to remind myself that I must find joy in today as well.

Smiles,
Lea