Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Bedtime Book


Do you ever buy something you really like ~ that's a real bargain ~ and then lose it somewhere in the house. You know it gets buried somewhere with all those other treasures! But then you find it ~ and you still love it ~ and it's an even better bargain because this time it's free!

That's the story behind my little bedtime book. I found it months ago at Homegoods (I love that store!) and put it down and it promptly got buried. But I found it today and actually took some time to look through it. It's full of all kinds of sweet tidbits about everything and anything that has to do with bedtime.


Here's a few pictures from inside.
I'm sure you've seen this picture before ~ the expression on her face is so precious.

~sleep, baby, sleep ~


I love nursery rhymes.


I'll try to scan some pictures from the book tomorrow.

6 comments:

CHRISTINE DVORAK said...

You reminded me of a quote that I love - "One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries." I do that all the time :)

Marci said...

I love the pictures in that book. I am glad you found it.

Scrap for Joy said...

I love Home Goods, too! There isn't one here in Pittsburgh but when we are in New Jersey at Thanksgiving I always go and do a lot of Christmas shopping there.
Buy something and lose it? Just tonight, I opened a book and found 2 Christmas cards I had bought for my husband and went crazy looking for. Oh well, I'm ahead for next year, right?
Blessings,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Marie, what a precious little book. The pictures - very evocative of PLEASANT things to think about before falling asleep.

I don't know about you, but we don't watch the news or upsetting TV shows in the evening. Evenings are meant to be calm - doesn't the word "evening" even sound like a calm word?

I'd love to find the book in a store here. I'd buy it in a minute too!

:-) Diane

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Marie,that looks like a very sweet book indeed. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. I don't know if we have a "Home Goods" store around here...I will check into it!

Have a blessed weekend,Shelley

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I LOVE children's literature and the illustrations in that book are gorgeous. They really remind me of a memory from my childhood that I can't quite remember clearly.

So glad you found it!

Smiles,
Lea