Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Party for Penelope (and Jacqi too!)


Today is the baby shower! I got some bedding for Penelope's nursery ~ but I had to pick up a little outfit too! I stopped at my favorite children's shop (to browse at) ~ Janie and Jack. The prices are usually a bit out of my budget ~ but every now and then I find incredible prices on some wonderful outfits.

Their packaging is wonderful!!





Their clothing is even more wonderful!


The color in the next photo is probably the most accurate of all the photos ~ I was not having an excellent camera day.




The detailing is so sweet ~ look at the collar and cuffs.




The back (and the fabric print) are what sold me on the outfit.




A better look at the smocking and a peek at the print ~ do you see what's on it!




It has squirrels!!!!




It has (absolutely useful) little pockets too!



I hope Jacqi loves it!


4 comments:

Margie Oomen said...

That outfit is exquisite. I love the color, the peter pan collar, the squirrels but what sealed the deal for me was the smocking. Smocking is a new craft I taught myself last winter but I haven't yet made anything big with it. Thanks for saying happy birthday.

our shabby cottage said...

Oh, it's so cute! I love it - do they make it big girl sizes!!!! How could she not love it?

Scrap for Joy said...

We just got a Janie & Jack's at our mall and I found some good bargains at Christmas, too. The regular prices are too steep for this Gram but the sales were terrific! Charlie got a few pieces and I bought a baby girl gift there as well.....but I never saw those squirrels!!!!! I would have bought that, too. I'm sure the new little pumpkin will it and you can tell some super squirrel stories.(I loved the tissue and boxes also-we do think alike on a lot of things Marie!)

Farmhouse Blessings said...

That is soooo sweet! I love the squirrels and the little bottom panel. She will love it!

Smiles,
Lea