Thursday, February 26, 2009

New ACEOs


I finally had an opportunity to spend a little time in my workroom ~ doing something other than cleaning and organizing it. I made a couple ACEOs.
This one is called "She Was Ahead Of Her Time" ~ I love her leopard skin hat!

This one is called "Hidden Lunch" ~ It reminds me of the squirrels searching for their hidden acorns in my backyard.


I belong to a group on EBay called ACEO ~ Art Cards Editions and Originals. Right now the group is putting together their 2nd annual deck of playing cards. In fact, the 2009 deck of cards will actually be two decks. Here's part of a press release explaining a little about the cards.


2009 ACEO ~ Art Cards, Editions and Originals Playing Card Deck

What is an ACEO ~ Art Cards, Editions and Originals Playing Card Deck?
The ACEO ~ Art Cards, Editions and Originals Playing Card Deck is a collaboration of 110 international ACEO artists who will have their artwork appearing on 2 fully functional decks of playing cards. Each artist has been assigned a specific Number card, Face card, Ace or Joker where their artwork will appear along side their eBay user name.

Where are the artists from and how did they meet?
Artists whose work will be appearing on the 2009 ACEO Art Cards, Editions and Originals Playing Card Deck represent many countries in the world including the United States of America, Australia, Canada, Italy, Germany, the UK including England and Wales. All artists featured are members of the ACEO ~ Art Cards, Editions and Originals group on eBay.com.

Here's a peek at what the cards will look like.

eBay ID: Coloredpencilart

I was fortunate enough to be included in the 2009 decks. So I'll be choosing one of the ACEOs I made today to be included. I'm not sure which one ~ but I'm leaning toward the lady in the leopard skin hat.

It was nice to create a bit!

3 comments:

Regina said...

Hooray for being picked! That's really cool Marie! I have to admit that I like "She Was Ahead of Her Time" as well. It just fits with the fun quirkiness that defines you and your family.

And, thanks for commenting and encouraging me in my blogging. It means more than you know.

Love always, Regina

our shabby cottage said...

Yeah for you Marie! You clever thing! Remember to give us the link when it's done.

Anonymous said...

I love her hat too! And the comment "she meant business!"

Let us know how the cards go!
Diane