Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Annapolis

I spent Sunday afternoon with my friends Patricia & Tisha. First we had lunch, in Crownsville, at a restaurant called Lures ~ I had a yummy veggie pizza and some really good iced tea! After lunch we stopped at a shop called The Purple Poppy ~ Tisha just put some of her watercolors in the shop. It's a good setting for her work ~ lots of small art, jewelry, and such. I hope that Patricia will consider putting some of her art in the shop too. It will be a nice little place to do some Christmas shopping at!

Then we headed for Annapolis. Our first stop there was Gallery 1683. Tisha belongs to a watercolor club and they had an art exhibit at the gallery. It's a great old building with lots of nooks & crannies, dark wood and bricks. A wonderful setting for some beautiful artwork! We popped in and out of a few more stores and galleries ~ more of that later ~ but walking throught the city streets was my favorite thing to do.
I love the old, beautiful, colorful row houses!! I don't take the best photos, but I think you can get an idea of how enchanting they are in these pictures. Someday I'm going to go there and take pictures of all the window boxes ~ there were SO many.


This is the side porch of one of the end units. It was one of my favorites.







This made us all laugh ~ petunias growing up between the brick and cinder block!


I love this little angel! She was on one of the steps. About four inches in front of her was a large, black, rubber spider! I cropped him right out!!


It was a wonderful, sunny day ~ spent with good friends! I can't wait to do it again!

4 comments:

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

The Purple Poppy also sells the first book by local author (and my friend) Erika Robuck. It is called Receive Me Falling ... you didn't happen to see it there, did you? :)

Jo said...

How fun! Annapolis is one of my favorite places to walk around. Little Italy is another one. They are both quaint and have a "not touched by modernism" look.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Enjoyed the tour with you ~ especially the petunia growing in the crack!

Tammy said...

Oh how pretty! I've been looking at window boxes recently - I want some. Hope to find something that works within a budget. :) Thanks for the inspiration!