Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Spun By Me

I don't spin yarn ~ that's not why my blog is called
"spun by me".

To "spin a yarn" is to tell a tale. It's the act of giving an account describing incidents or a course of events....it's keeping a blog!

So I don't spin yarn, but I do spin a yarn or two......

In the past women used to spin yarn on spinning wheels, frequently gathering in groups while doing this. To pass the time, they often told each other stories. In time the words came to mean the production of the stories themselves rather than the actual work they were doing. Hence, while spinning yarn they spun some yarns too.

Anyway I thought I would like to put a spinning wheel on my blog. Maybe in the header ~ maybe in a sidebar ~ maybe wherever!
I "googled" spinning wheel and came up with several. So far this one is my favorite!

Kinda looks like she's wearing a spindle on her head!

3 comments:

Sherri/Here Goes My Life said...

I have always wondered what your blog header meant,now I know. It makes sense.
Luv the picture.

Hopemore Studio said...

I can only imagine how much time it would take to actually spin yarn...

I'm glad you take the time to spin a yarn or two with us.

Angie

Scrap for Joy said...

You do spin great stories!