Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It's All About the Eyes

My baby's eyes!
What light they hold;
What wonderful hints of wealth untold;
Of lands where the flowers never die,
Of tropic lands where the sunbeams lie,
On diamond fields and hills of gold.

My baby's eyes!
There are hints in these
Of wonder-land's glory, of sunny seas;
Of ice-capped mountains and fields of snow;
Of twilight shadows and moonlight glow,
and the hidden springs of mysteries.

There are hope and faith and glad surprise,
And depths where latent passion lies;
Sky-touching heights of peace and light,
And rushing rivers of wild affright;
And gleams of heaven in baby's eyes.
Edith Willis Linn Forbes



"Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings."
Psalm 17:8

6 comments:

Debbie said...

I am such a sucker for brown eyes. They make my heart just melt and put a smile on my face. Great post Marie!

Debbie

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Those eyes... so beautiful! Each pair :) I love seeing your sweet little ones!

Carol said...

Precious little ones! Wonderful poem & scripture!

Smiles,
Carol

Dixie said...

precious!

Unknown said...

God has blessed you with these precious baby dolls. I see Jesus in their eyes...that's who I see...

Scrap for Joy said...

You are very blessed Marie and you are a blessing to those sweet babies. Were those pictures taken recently? Elijah looks so grown up? (I mean more like a "kid" and less like a baby!) I love that Bible verse, too. xoxo
Joyce