Monday, February 8, 2010

Winter Wonderland

No ~ this is not my house. : )
It just feels like there's this much snow!!

Well, the snow came! Somewhere between 2 and 3 feet of it!

I'm not sure how much because I've had no cable or internet since Friday night. I'm posting this from work....so it will be a short one. Thanks for the use of the Jeep, Mandy!

I have never shoveled so much snow ~ in such a short period of time ~ in my life. Not even with growing up and living in Michigan for 26 years and living in Wisconsin for another eight years!!

We live on a corner lot - that means twice as much sidewalk to shovel AND we have two driveways! My car and Bill's car (both little Neons ~ both parked on the back driveway) look like igloos! Hopefully we'll get to dig them out later today.

I took a lot of pictures and I'll get some posted as soon as I have internet again.


I took a peek at accuweather before posting this and guess what?!

There's ANOTHER snowstorm on the way!

Oh boy!

Stay warm everyone....and safe!

P.S. Hey Mom! It sounds like Detroit might be getting some of the pretty white stuff this week!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy (Belated) Birthday to Joe!! It was yesterday ~ hope it was an extra-special (snowy) day!

6 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

We're supposed to get another 3-6" tomorrow into Wednesday. We ended up with 26 inches and I know you got more than that! The kids are planning on coming from Gaithersburg on Friday-I hope that can happen. Stay warm and safe Marie! Just think...this will be a Monday Memory for you..hahahahaha! xoxo
Joyce

Diva Kreszl said...

we got two feet of the white stuff this past weekend and I hear we are due to get 12 inches on Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

BRR !! this southern gal can't even imagine -
Stay warm - hope this ends soon !! Kathy - ga ♥

our shabby cottage said...

We have been watching your snow falls on the news Marie. It looks beautiful but a bit of a pain! We saw shots of Washington and couldn't believe our eyes!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Oh my goodness!!! Kind of scary!! I recently read about "heating tape" that you put up on your roof so as to take some of the weight off the roof. Don't know if that's a concern or not?
You'll be in my prayers!
Mary Lou

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Stay warm as the next snowfall approaches!