Friday, October 15, 2010

I Finished The Matchboxes

Woo Hoo!!  I finished them ~ all 25 of them!  These matchboxes are for "A Swap For All Seasons" current swap ~ "Countdown to Christmas".  Linda (our very efficient, very clever, very special swap hostess) came up with this great idea for a swap.  We each (all 75 of us) make 25 little matchboxes filled with a tiny goodie ~ then we number them 1-25.  Next we packaged them very carefully and mailed them off to Linda.  She will fondle, sort and package up 25 matchboxes (from 25 different ladies) and mail them back to each of us!  That Linda is one crazy special gal!!   The large "merry" matchbox is for her ~ no peeks inside of it 'cause it's a surprise!  But look below for some peeks at the bottle-cap magnets I tucked inside #s 1 through 25. 
  






I can't wait to receive my matchboxes!  Linda added a little twist to our swap too!  Beginning on Dec. 1st we'll each be sharing our matchboxes and the tiny treasure inside.  One a day, every day, until Christmas! Doesn't this sound like fun!!


Hmmmm.....now what to do with all these matches?????  I'll think of something!  For now I think they look cute right where they are!


All packaged up and ready to go ~ which they did ~ straight to the post office on Tuesday, Oct 13th.  I actually made the October 15th mailing date.....double Woo Hoo!


16 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Marie. You've been a busy girl, hon. You're match boxes are just darlin'. I love those magnets, they are so pretty. Hope you have one terrific fall weekend.

Hugs...Tracy :)

Ann said...

Wow you have been busy. Those are adorable and I love the bottle cap magnets. You are one very clever and crafty lady. I might borrow your matchbox idea for some Christmas gifts this year.

Hopemore Studio said...

You are the crafting queen! Your boxes are darling and I love the bottle caps. You did a great job getting into the Christmas spirit so early...I guess swaps will do that...lol.

Angie

Lululiz said...

Very cute matchboxes and the bottle caps are gorgeous.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Marie, these are beautiful and will be much enjoyed by the recipients! You are a VERY talented lady!

Scrap for Joy said...

This was a ginormous undertaking and you did a phenomenal job. Your boxes are cute on their own but the bottle cap magnets are really cool! I don't know how Linda is going to sort this all out but it will be interesting to watch!
xoxo
J

Jillayne said...

Wowsers! Now this is a Swap! It looks like so much fun and you certainly did a lot of work - you are one busy lady Marie!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sister Marie and fellow person of faith.
your matchboxes look great, please send me a comment with details!!!
I'm a follower of Yeshua Ha'Mashiach (Christ Jesus) & new to blogger.
my blog is going to be work for me and I greatly value your support.
please leave a comment & any advise you may have.
also as this is my work please click on the ads which will help to support me in my work.
ps my favourite verses of Scripture are Isaiah 40 v 28-31
& James 3 13 living a life in wisdom
thank you & bless you & all,
shalom,
Robert~

Dorthe said...

Dear Marie,
ooohhhh how bussy you was,all those sweet match boxes, with a beautifull cap magnet inside--your swap recievers will be so happy, for your christmas sweetness.
Hugs, Dorthe

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Wow, Marie! I wish I was the recipient of your swap. They are all so fabulous. Can't wait to see what you receive in return. Great work!

South City Hues said...

Marie, these are fabulous! Everyone will love getting those magnets. Thank you for all your sweet comments on my gluebook pages. I enjoyed the class and the one after it. Take care.

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I adore this advent project! Just saw it at the Christmas in July party! Happy to be following along via GFC and looking forward to some more inspiration!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a fun swap! These are adorable!! Thanks for sharing at Christmas in July.

Patti said...

This is adorable! You did a fabulous job on your design. Love it!

andrea@townandprairie said...

This is a great idea for an advent calendar...every day is really a surprise!

Unknown said...

These are awesome, I think I will make something similar for the summer!