Friday, September 23, 2011

Forever Reign

"You are here, You are here
In Your presence I’m made whole
You are God, You are God
Of all else I’m letting go."


A friend of mine shared this video with me - thank you Tisha! I first heard Forever Reign a year or so ago and I really appreciated being reminded of this powerful worship song.  So I thought I'd share it here....because I think you might enjoy it too!

I'm including an excerpt that I found online in a "behind the song" type of article. It's a quote from one of the co-writers of the song - Reuben Morgan.

"The message of the song is very confessional. Throughout the song we declare who God is, “You are good, You are love, You are light, You are hope, You are peace, You are joy and You are life.” At the same time, we combine that message of who God is with our response, “You are good, You are good, when there’s nothing good in me.” I hope the song enlarges God in our view of Him. We need to know that God is not diminished by our circumstances, doubts or our response."

Such a good message!

1 comment:

Ann said...

I've never heard this song before. I like it, thanks for sharing it