Monday, October 10, 2011

Pincushions

My weekend FLEW right by but I did manage to create a couple little pincushions.  I'm going to have to kick my creating into high gear...two things a weekend aren't going to amount to much for the mid November craft show!


This pincushion is made from a piece of an old tablecloth. I love the pretty blue and all the french knots. The base is an old wooden spool with ribbons and lace trimming it ~ I might add a little button or two.



Here's another tart pan pincushion ~ my first one is here ~ it's filled with a piece of pink chenille from a sweet little baby jacket.  The little roses covered the snaps on the jacket. It reminds me of a cupcake!


I'll be making a few more "cupcakes" and also some little gift bags out of the sleeves from the pink jacket.  Hopefully I'll squeeze them in this week!
Have a great Monday!!

9 comments:

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Oh my goodness...these are C-U-T-E!!!! Kudos on being so original! These will be a big hit, no doubt!
And I loooove your postal-cubby piece, below. Lucky, lucky you! : )
xo,
Mary Lou

Dorthe said...

Dear Marie, they are beautiful- and so cute,yes-- love the old tarts- filled with pink sweetnes, and the spool one -lovely-
Hugs,Dorthe

Unknown said...

I have to admit, when I saw that pic on blogger dashboard I wondered what in the world that thing was! These are adorable pincushions! I want one, I want one! You do so many amazing things Marie!

Jo said...

They both look great! I bet they will both sell fast. The pink one looks "delicious". :-)

Mosaic Magpie said...

Love these!
Deb

Hopemore Studio said...

Maria, those are Fabulous! I really could just eat up that little cupcake.

Angie

Avery Hill said...

I love these! Too cute! :)

Alaina
averyhill

Ann said...

Mid November is not that far off but I'm sure you'll pull it off no problem.
Love the pin cushion and the ones that look like cupcakes are my favorite. they are adorable.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, Marie, they turned out so pretty! They will be so popular!