Thursday, February 20, 2014

Bathroom Progress

Nothing like an out of town guest to get me to finish a decorating
project....namely the bathroom remodel I mentioned back in November. 
Thanks Mom!
 

One of the things I needed to do was add a shelf above the toilet.  I really had no idea what I wanted.  But while going through my stash of stuff I came across these metal brackets. I recently picked them up at a thrift store for a mere $1.98!


I also discovered this tray...another thrift store purchase.  I saw something similar at an antique mall and the tag said it was a cigar tray.  However I haven't been able to find any info to confirm that.  Honestly I don't particularly care what it was....now it's my bathroom shelf!! 
Bill attached it to the brackets for me. 

 
 

  I added a linen doily, a pretty jar for storage, and a couple other treasures. 
I love how it looks!!



Finally settled on a shower curtain too.  White chenille...perfectly simple! 
I added a great old mirror (it's in the first photo) and a 'gallery wall' too.
Stay tuned for a look at it....real soon.

 
 

5 comments:

Ann said...

Your custom made, one of a kind shelf is awesome. What a great idea to use that tray. I also LOVE that shower curtain

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Love it all! The white chenille shower curtain is a favorite of mine. I love white anywhere. And The picture is so beautiful just perfect where you have it.

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely. You and Bill do good work. Pj

Theresa F said...

Just found your blog a few days ago and love it. I have read back to July 2012 so far. Your home looks so cozy and welcoming.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love it, and your shower curtain too. I have no idea what it was, but it sure makes a fun shelf.