Monday, December 1, 2014

Are You Prepared?

I started a new reading plan on the Bible App on my phone.
It's called "Christmas Encouragement" by Greg Laurie.
The description caught my attention right away!

"Don't let the busyness and pressure of this holiday season rob you of the joy and true celebration of our Savior Jesus this December."

I've already thought about making sure that I don't get caught up in the hustle and bustle that often comes in December. 75% of my shopping is done, and the decorating will be completed by the end of the day on Wednesday.  I have a few things I still want to make, but otherwise I'm feeling pretty prepared! That's part of the reason I started this reading plan....I have time!


The daily readings began today and go on for 25 days.
Today's "summary sentence" was definitely convicting!

"We may be ready for Christmas, 
but are we ready for the return of Christ?"

Oops...I'm not quite as prepared as I thought!
I can't wait to read tomorrow's message!

1 comment:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, thanks for sharing. I'm going to check it out. Wish I was as prepared as you are.it has become a tradition that our oldest granddaughter Keri sits with John and chooses gifts for all of her siblings and cousins, they order them online and are delivered. But there still is all of the adults, baking, wrapping and entertaining.I just never seem to be able to do much a head. :)