Friday, March 27, 2009

Inspiration!


One of the best things about the land of blog is all the inspiration that can be found here. I've seen people ~literally~turn trash into treasures. I've seen the ordinary become extraordinary!
I've seen cast-offs become heirlooms and dollar store bargains turned into "where did you get that?" one of a kinds!

One example is Jessica and her "Target Tuesdays". I can't wait to see what kind of fun things she buys at Target and what kind of exciting things she does with them. This week she turned a plain ole' little white straw hat into this. Love it!

Well, I've picked up some neat things the past week or so and I can't wait to transform them. In fact, tonight I stopped at Target and found these St Patrick's Day chalkboards for $3.74!


There's a little holder for chalk along the right side ~ down by the lower edge. I'm going to remove the 3-D shamrock and paint one black and prim it up a bit. I'll be painting the other in a shabby chic style. I think they'll be very cute!!

My life has been crazy busy lately BUT I'm hoping to get these done soon!

4 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Can't wait to see how you transform these into something more beautiful. I have enjoyed stopping by for a visit and hope you have a great weekend!

Debbie said...

Hi Marie,

How's that new grandbaby? We're patiently waiting for more baby pics.

Can't wait to see what the chalkboards look like once your done with them!

Take care,
Debbie

Scrap for Joy said...

I wandered on over to Jessica's blog yesterday and noticed her Tuesday at Target entries. She's very clever as are you Marie. Can't wait to see your finished project!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marie! Thank you so much for your sweet comments! I am delighted that you enjoy my Target Tuesdays! It means a lot coming from YOU! I love your blog - you are so talented!

Have a great weekend!
:-)
Jessica