Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Thrift Store Treasures

$24.00 well spent!!


Thursdays are 25% off at my favorite thrift store. I don't often go on Thursdays because by the time I get there it's all pretty picked over.  But last Thursday I hit the jack-pot!
Look at all these goodies I got!!


The best deal of the night goes to this Catherine Holm fondue set. It's in excellent condition!  
These pieces sell for ridiculous prices on Etsy and Ebay.


I see these tackle boxes and just can't resist..when they're a good price!  $1.50 (after the 25% discount) WAS a good price. I'll be storing my glue gun and glue sticks in here.


I'm going to re-purpose this musical jewelry box for Charlotte. 
She just got her ears pierced and she'll need somewhere to store all her earrings someday.


Bright and cheery serving trays...too cute to pass up. Especially when they were 25% off!


Children's books are always one of my favorite things to look at. 
On Thursday all pictures books are only 75 cents!  These two are like new!


This Snap Circuit kit was going to be for Elijah, but he already has this particular 
set...so does Penelope.  It's like brand new and it was only $2.00!


This Christmas plate is for me...it's going to look wonderful in my dining room hutch come December.  The pattern is Merry Christmas by Johnson Bros...it was $3.00!


Aren't these vintage platters awesome! I love the crazing and stains on 
them...it just adds to the beauty of the piece!  
The three platters together cost $11.00...they range in size from 10 inches to 15 inches.




~~~::~~~

I keep telling Bill that all this is an investment...some day 
I'll make money off these things!
These pieces will eventually be listed on Etsy. 
Once Upon A Time I WILL open an Etsy shop!


It's such fun to find things for "the littles"!  This time Elijah will get the books, 
and the circuit board kit will go to Charlotte in a year or so.


Cathe Holden created some amazing stenciled platters.
I'd love to give that a try!  
If these turn out they might end up in that (someday) Etsy shop!  
Or at least at a "craft show"!
You can see Cathe's here, here, and here.


Only two more days until Thursday!!!


4 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Oooh, great buys but my favourite has to be the Christmas plate, such a bargain!

Simply Shelley said...

How fun, you really got blessed with that haul. What a great deal! Enjoy and keep looking forward to Thursday ;) blessings sweet Marie ♡

Barbara Eads said...

Wow! You did make a haul! I love the Christmas plate and platters!

Ann Thompson said...

You found some great stuff there. Amazing price on those books. Not too long ago I saw a display of children's books in a store and was shocked by the price of them.