Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My Joe...and his Jo and Elijah too

Joe called me this morning. His voice was breaking and he was pretty upset. He had just found out that he was losing his job. His company is downsizing and they're closing the location he's at. It wasn't a total surprise. There's been rumors circulating. But I know he and his wife, Jo, were hoping for the best.

There's a lot going on in their lives right now (including a new baby - they're Elijah's parents) and he was discouraged by this new mountain to climb. That was then.
But Joe...being Joe...has already reached the top of mountain and he's ready to trudge along for a while, knowing full well the easy, downhill descent will be coming soon.

He called me during the afternoon to tell me he was okay and that a supervisor had just asked him why he seemed to be handling the news of unemployment so much better than most of his co-workers. He was able to share that he knew God was in control. Then he called on his way home from work to tell me how encouraged he'd been when he turned the radio on in his car and heard the song by Casting Crowns ~ Praise You in this Storm playing just for him. Yet one more call this evening because Elijah was laughing and Joe wanted me to hear him.
I am so encouraged because he finds joy in the moment and I'm so blessed to know that he realizes that his help comes from the Lord. There's a great new job out there for him...I'd appreciate you joining me in praying for Joe and his family as we wait to see what the Lord has in store for them!



Praise You in This Storm
I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say “Amen”, and it’s still raining.
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
“I’m with you”
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away.
I’ll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I’ve cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm.
I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can’t find You.
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain“I’m with you”
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away.
I'll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm.
I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of Heaven and Earth


If you'd like to hear this song, it's the first one on my play list in the sidebar of this blog. Just click on the arrow in the upper left corner to play.

2 comments:

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Marie, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. Thanks for the prayer for rain...we in fact got a pretty good shower today. I was so thankful,I could have went out and danced in it. So sorry about your son's job. Will be in prayer for him and his family.
When God closes one door,he always opens another.....

Blessings,Shelley

Scrap for Joy said...

When my former husband died and I had 2 kids to support, I was worried but I knew that God would provide for us and He did. I found a job quickly and the money stretched and we were OK. He always cares for His children. Something will come along for Joe, God's already sending little signs.
~Joyce