Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Friends ~ New & Old


My dear friend Gail came to visit me Sunday afternoon. We went to lunch at Panera Bread and then just spent some time visiting at my house. Not near enough time though ~ there never seems to be enough time for long, cozy chats with friends these days! I guess the answer is to make the most of the precious time we get.

Look at the wonderful goodies Gail brought for me!

Doesn't this pumpkin have the most perfect GREEN stem! It's almost free of any kind of blemish or flat spot too...I love it! The mums are also wonderful ~ and they're not as blurry in person as they are in this picture!!

I have this really neat cutting board that needed some warm, autumn surroundings. I think the pumpkin, mums and Indian corn lend just the right touch!

As if this weren't enough bounty for one week ~ I also received a package in the mail on Monday. My new blog friend Joyce (~scrap for joy~) and I did a one on one swap together...what wonderful treasures I received. For a new friend (who's never even met me) she certainly knows what I love!

Images, all kinds of tags (see the squirrels!), ribbons and stamps ~ I can't wait to create with these things.

Look at all these wonderful goodies ~ more squirrels (I love squirrels!), acorns, a candle scape and a lovely piece of framed paper-art. It's already on display!

Next come the fat birds ~ check out the tiny little blue guy ~ he is so cute! The little girl riding the cardinal is on the cover of an accordion book....for grandbaby pictures of course!!

I love this little squirrel tac pin and the satiny acorn. I love it all!!

Make New Friends ~ But Keep The Old.......

1 comment:

Scrap for Joy said...

I love Fall decorations. The colors of the corn, mum and pumpkins is just so pleasing to the eye. Your pictures of your treats are so good! This swap was so much fun for me. I enjoyed putting everything together for you. I'm happy that you're pleased.
Hugs!
Joyce
The bear keeps me company when I'm on the computer. She likes it here.