Thursday, April 9, 2009

Warm Fuzzies


I stopped at Michael's after work yesterday and picked up a new book ~ not with a 40% coupon of course, since they don't let you use them on books or magazines anymore! This was not an inexpensive book ~ but I really want to do some of this felting and the author, Betz White, has some wonderful ideas for using old sweaters. I already have one of the cupcakes pictured on the cover. I received it in an ornament swap this past Christmas.


I LOVE this little bird and I can't wait to try and make a couple.


The leaves and acorns are cute too!



So many great items ~ blankets, stockings, children's ponchos, and I thought I had a photo of a really cute journal cover ~ but I must have forgotten to add it. Anyway ~ I'm inspired and can't wait to begin!


3 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

Felted wool has become very popular and I love the things you can do with it, I just don't need one more craft. You learn it and make some birdies and maybe we can do another swap-one on one.
Have a most Blessed Easter. I may not get back to the computer after today. Lots of church and our daughter is coming tomorrow morning for the weekend...even when they're 36, you still get excited when a child visits.
Hugs!
Joyce

Simply Shelley said...

I can't wait to see your creations from that wonderful book.....

Blessings,Shelley

Anonymous said...

These look like fun projects for using up those old sweaters that get ratty. Did you see the originator of the sweater cupcakes on Martha last year or the year before? I wonder if she's the one who wrote the book. I can't remember her name.

Diane