Thursday, June 18, 2009

freerice.com

I came across an article in the current Guideposts magazine about this website "that combines a vocabulary quiz with ending world hunger."
FreeRice is a non-profit website run by the United Nations World Food Program.
FreeRice has two goals:
1. Provide education to everyone.
2. Help end world hunger by providing rice to hungry people.
Read their FAQ page for more information.

The website has a variety of quizzes on it. For each answer that you get right, FreeRice donates 10 grains of rice, through the UN World Food Program, to help end hunger.

I took the vocabulary guiz for about ten minutes and earned 1500 grains of rice!

I placed a link in my left sidebar ~ I'm going to try and "play" it every day! Learning big words and helping feed hungry people ~ I like that. Be careful ~ it's a little bit habit forming.

No comments: