Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dollar Store Visit

I was visiting Kelli at There Is No Place Like Home the other day and she posted about finding some pretty new writing paper at the Dollar Tree near her. I had about an hour in between work and Weight Watchers Tuesday evening so I thought I'd stop and see what my Dollar Tree had. I didn't see any of the pretty paper she found, but I did find some other nice things.


I think these little birdie tealight holders are so sweet. These two are for me and I got a third to give away. I haven't decided where I'm putting mine yet ~ so they may end up getting painted. We'll see...


Aren't these prim little sheep cute?! I love their curly wool coats!! One of them is going to live in my family room. The other one is for a gift.


The two little piggies are for Charlotte and Penelope and the sign is for Penelope too! I'm going to change it a bit with some buttons, ribbon and paper before I give it to her.


This baseball bank wasn't from Dollar Tree ~ I picked it up for Elijah at Target.
All the banks will live at my house. I can't wait until my grandbabies can take a coin from me and drop it into their bank. My grandma used to give me quarters when I was little ~ it's a special memory for me and I want it to be one for them too.


I got two little quote notebooks. They're about 3 x 4 inches ~ such a sweet little size. There are Bible verses and other inspirational quotes in it.
I also found two packs of notecards. The colors are so pretty and I love the bird scenes. The verses are beautiful.


"A simple moment of nature's beauty inspires the soul and uplifts the heart."


"Plant a seed of friendship and watch the blessings grow."



Finally (at least for this trip) I found these packs of brads ~ my favorites are the copper butterflies and white dragonflies in the pack on the left. Thanks to Kelli for mentioning Dollar Tree ~ it was definitely worth the trip for me!

6 comments:

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi Marie,
Let's see. I'm catching up as usual tongiht. I got a kick out of you finally getting your Raggedy Ann when you graduated from HIGH SCHOOL! But then...I should admit that my mom gave me a Hollie Hobbie stuffed doll for Christmas when I was 18. : )
I also loved the adorable photo shoot of your little cupcakes below. I can't get over those cute, cute smiles.
And I love the wonderful finds you picked up over at Dollar Tree. Now, I'll have to run over. Thanks for the heads-up.
M.L.
p.s. Loved all the Etsy strawberries too. Let us know if you get some.

Kelli said...

Hi Marie!
I'm sorry you didn't find any of the paper, but your other goodies are wonderful! I love the birds and pretty notebooks...great finds!
~Kelli

Jo said...

Looks like you got some great stuff, but you are such an enabler... ;-)

I get in trouble in dollar tree and seeing all those goodies, especially the brads, might just make me go there tonight.

Barbara Jean said...

Marie,
I was jsut thinking of your htis morning and was going to pop by.

Love the birds and the saying on the notebooks.

blessings, and thanks for sharing.

Barbara Jean

Simply Shelley said...

Oh,I love Dollar Tree...such a blessing for the low income crowd,such as I. I wanted to stop in there yesterday but,didn't have time....I will go soon though..you found some wonderful things.You have such a giving heart,always remembering to pick up extras to be gifted to others...
Bless you,Marie.....

Scrap for Joy said...

Wow! You got great things....I better grap my purse and head out. We just got a new BIG dollar tree near us. I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the heads up!