Friday, July 10, 2009

Inspiration

I've been inspired by a couple of blogs as I think about decorating my newly remodeled laundry.
These blogs showcase homes that are so bright and cheery and that's the vision I have for my new space. The first one is Daisy Cottage ~ I love Kim's home ~ it's yellow! It makes me smile every time I look at it. While visiting one day I happened upon the other blog. Sara at Shiny Red Houses has such a happy, sun-shiny home too! I love this post.
Both homes feature red ~ it's my favorite color!


I found this little (about 3 inches square) dish at HomeGoods. I'm not sure where I'll put it, but it will be in the laundry room.
~ just to remind me ~


This plate came from the Goodwill ~ I have a spot on the wall picked out just for it.
The beadboard wallpaper is ordered and I got the laundry tower too! We're still deciding on cabinets and I have to frame some of my children's art work for the walls ~ but it's definitely coming right along. I can't wait to show you the finished room!

2 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

What will you do if your laundry room is so cute and happy that you never want to leave it? It sounds great so far! The plates are a great "pop of color". (Don't the design shows over-use that phrase!)I like the idea of the beadboard wallpaper. My friend Mimi (dandelionwishes) used that in her craftroom and it came out great!

Simply Shelley said...

I love that plate with the cherries..red is one of my favorite colors as well. I can't wait to see your laundry room all decorated...I know you will have lots of fun getting to that point...enjoy.

Have a blessed weekend,Shelley