Thursday, January 7, 2010

Elijah is Two!

I know I just "showed off" some grandbaby pics yesterday but the cute little red head is two today. I can't believe this sweet boy has been in our lives for two years. When he visits me, and looks at me with those big ~ very dark ~ brown eyes, it makes my heart melt.
When he visited for Christmas this year he headed straight for the plastic tree. He saw the sparkly ornaments that said JOY & NOEL and immediately started spelling the words. He also loves to count ~ there were at least 20 plastic balls on the tree this year and he counted them at least 20 times. He loves his letters and he loves to count. I tell ya ~ this little guy is brilliant! And I'm not prejudiced at all either!


"You will always be the ONE, who took my heart by surprise.
Loving so completely, you're perfection in my eyes.
Dreams of you and me, would fill me with delight.
But nothing could compare to the first time I held you tight..."

The first "little" branch on our family tree


I wonder if someday he'll look lovingly up at me as we have this discussion?
"Gramma, do you know how you and God are alike?" I mentally polished my halo while I asked, "No, how are we alike?" "You're both old," he replied."
~Author Unknown


I Love You Elijah!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so wonderful you are caregiving for your father-in-law. I love the fact families still bring their parents back into the home and live under one roof in the senior years. For as long as you are able, God willing, that is a GOOD thing!
Do you want to exchange clothespins? A clothespin swap? I don't think I have any RED ones...hint, hint, I have a couple of cute polka dot ones I'm going to send to you...tee hee...address again please?

Hopemore Studio said...

Marie, He is just the most beautiful little guy. (I have a soft place in my heart for redheads)

I hope he has a fun filled day with lots of counting and letter recognition...
H...A...P...P..Y...B...I...R...T...H..D...A...Y

Angie

Scrap for Joy said...

Happy Birthday to Elijah! Two is a wonderful age...we can almost have a conversation with Charlie now...fun!!! Loved this post Marie...and the last little funny, too! xoxo

Lesley said...

Oh, you are sooooo predjudiced, and I don't blame you. He's gorgeous, and bright. Cherish every moment you have with him. They grow up so quickly. luv Lesley