Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Etsy Treasures

Just take a look at this cute little package that arrived in my mail last week ~ it's my purchase from Diane Knott's new Etsy shop ~ Cottage By The Pond.  I love kraft paper, so I was immediately drawn to the mailing envelope and the clever packaging.  Recipe cards, a piece of cardboard and a musical image all tied up in a bow ~ and tucked inside........


....this stamped clothespin with a beautiful bunch of hand stamped vintage muslin wound on it.  Love the crowns! Click here for a better peek at the crown.


Sixty inches of vintage muslin wound on this great old clothespin!  Just a example of Diane's wonderful imagination and creativity!


Look how perfectly it fits in with some other recently acquired treasures.  I bought the string holder (with scissors) at Lucketts in Leesburg, VA and the rhinestone and silver pieces came from On A Whim, also in Leesburg.  The stamped bird image is on a little card my daughter-in-law Johanna made for me ~ it will soon be in a frame hanging in my wonderful new room.  Now that the yard sale is over I can get back to working on it! I'll have some photos of some of "it" this week.


7 comments:

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Marie, That's a very lovely purchase from Diane and indeed fits wonderful with the other treasures! I'm looking forward to seeing your new studio.
Have a good night!
Hugs to you,
Julia

Scrap for Joy said...

Great minds think alike they say....I purchased the muslin with the sheet music stamped on it from Diane and Holly! You and I are often attracted to the same things. I am loving the things you've chosen for your room..it will be elegantly vintage!
x0x0
Joyce

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning,
This is darling...it is fun to get mail like this, isn't it?!

Have a terrific Tuesday ~Natalie

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Treasures, indeed!!! Just beautiful.
I'm so happy you had so much success at your garage sale. My goodness, it looked like a lot of work. But for $600.00...well worth it. Way to go! : )
M.L.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, everything is so pretty and just the perfect colors and design! Diane makes gorgeous things!

Ann said...

That is some clever packaging. Love when the packaging is just as good as the item inside.

Anonymous said...

Marie, you're so sweet to post pics of your purchases. Thank you! And I LOVE the other goodies you found! That string holder with the scissors...THAT is COOL!!!
Diane