Monday, May 23, 2011

Inspiration

Sometimes I'll sit at my desk in my craft room to find some. There are various supplies and treasures stashed everywhere. I gaze around, pick things up and put things down....waiting. Then an idea will just pop into my head. I love when "a little bit of something" inspires the creative part of my brain.
I like being inspired by "a need" ~ I need something to put all these little things in....so I decorate a box. It's fun to go through magazines, marking pages of things that catch my eye. Things that inspire me to try something new or use something in a new way. In much the same way I love visiting blogs for inspiration. There are so many creative people in blog land....I find myself on inspiration overload a lot!
One of my recent goals is to use up things I already have ~ so I really enjoy some inspiration that involves "shopping" in my craft room for the necessary supplies. Recently I was going through the archives on Becky Shandler's blog and this caught my eye.


I'm really excited because I have these old coin purses in my craft room!! I also have plenty of treasures to embellish them with. So I have the inspiration, I have the supplies and hopefully I'll even have the time. I'll let you know how it comes out!

8 comments:

HeARTworks said...

What a wonderful wonderful idea! I don't have any old purses but I can find some really cheap ones, decorate them and give them away as gifts! Sweet! Patsy from
HeARTworks

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Looking forward to seeing what you create with the little coin purses now that the inspiration has sparked! :)

Scrap for Joy said...

Becky's little coin purses are certainly inspirational...I'll be anxious to see what you design. I love the worn leather one. I remember a time when every lady or girl carried a coin or "change" purse. Have fun with this Marie.
xoxo
Joyce

Jo said...

Looks like fun. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Dorthe said...

Hi Marie, your old purces are beautiful,- and the the inspiration from Becky Schandler, so wonderful-so I wish you some happy play-time, dear.
Hugs,Dorthe

Ann said...

I sure wish that inspiration could hit me like that. I love the idea with the coin purses. I can't wait to see what you do with those

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Oooooo I can hardly wait. What great inspiration!!! Have fun creating, Marie. : )
M.L.

annie said...

This is just a fabulous idea! I have one old one already to try. Thanks so much for the inspiration! Peace!