Friday, June 3, 2011

The Garden's Gate


I like quirky in my backyard.  Like the broken wheelbarrow that I may or may not plant stuff in and the old sign from a gift shop I (along with a couple friends) used to own.  There's also the gate that was part of our old fence that we replaced a couple years ago.  There's a better look at it in the photo down below.  I'm not sure why I insisted on keeping it but there it is!  I told Bill that I was going to make a sign that said "Garden Gate" to hang on it.  He said the sign should say "The Garden's Gate". 
It's going to ~ 'cause that's what it is!


5 comments:

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

What a happy little corner of your world. Good luck with that new sign. I'm sure it will be adorable. : )

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

What a great photo of a very inviting place! I want to go through 'The Garden's Gate' :) Love the casual feel of the weathered wood and all the green. I have wanted to take ownership of Johns old wheel barrow for flowers but he won't yet part with it.

hmmm... come to think of it, with all the yard works we have been doing he just might give it to me if we could finally be done. Still have a pile of topsoil in the driveway and haven't even ordered mulch yet (sigh).

Simply Shelley said...

Love it...and the new look of your blog....blessings

Donna said...

I love quirky too, I also have an old wheel barrow I want to work in my landscape, my poor husband just see's it as something else to weed eat around. But he usually gives into me. LOL

Ann said...

you call it quirky but I call it fabulous. I wish I could put something together like that. If I tried to take those things and put them together it would look like a junk yard instead of a very attractive display.