Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pumpkin Better Than....Cake

 
I'm not a big fan of cooking or baking.  Fortunately Bill likes to cook...and I like to let him!!  But baking isn't his kitchen chore of choice...so there aren't too many homemade desserts at our house. He thinks that's what Costco's bakery is for!  I must admit that I tend to agree...but every now and then I come across a recipe that I have to try.  That usually seems to happen right around this time of year....fall desserts, pumpkins, apples, squash....well, they all equal YUM in my book!
Pumpkin Better Than...Cake  caught my eye the other day, so I gave it a try on Sunday.  I think it turned out pretty good.  It's definitely rich and very sweet, so a little piece is plenty.  That kind of poses a little bit of a problem.  This 13x9 inch pan is in a house occupied by only two people, and Bill isn't a huge pumpkin fan...this yummy stuff could last forever!!    So, who wants a piece!!?
   


 
You can find the recipe at SOMETHING SWANKY.
 
Of course I found it on Pinterest!!
The only change I made was using regular Heath Bars instead of Heath Bits.  I just chopped them up a bit.  If I make it again I'll cut back on the sweetened condensed milk by about 1/3 of the can.
 
 
 


6 comments:

Dorthe said...

UHHMMM Marie,
wish I lived closer ,dear- it truly looks yummy, and tasty ,and no time here,at the moment, for making cakes!!
Hugs,Dorthe

Jo said...

I want some! It looks delicious.

Carol Stuck said...

It looks amazing! Wish I could try a bite...ha!

Thanks for sharing.

hugs,
Carol

Ann said...

oh yeah, I'll take a piece of that. I love all the flavors this time of year.

Peggy said...

Oh my gosh, that looks dangerous! How could you ever go wrong with those ingredients, especially with Heath bars too!

Anonymous said...

Sooo... when are we getting together again??? That looks very yummy!

~Patricia