Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ephesians

Some sentences...mostly from Ephesians.
 

The remains of the bouquet of flowers given to me by Charlotte and her little friend Sarah.  I think flowers are "good to the last drop"!  After I tossed the dying flowers and created mini bouquets with the remaining ones, I lingered nearby and did a bit of Bible reading.


"As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace."
Ephesians 4:1-3

 
Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
Ephesians 5:1-2

 
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.  Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes."
Ephesians 6:10-11 

 
This is my new bookmark. Penelope made it for me with the paper tape I gave her for Christmas.  "Gramma,
it's for you, a pink cross where Jesus died". 

 
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God."
Ephesians 2:8
 

 
Ephesians is one of my favorite books in the Bible.
 


4 comments:

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Thanks for the scripture - bits paired with lovely flowers! Wonderful!

s

Ann said...

pretty flowers and that is the sweetest bookmark I have ever seen.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

The sweet little bookmark will be forever precious to you, I am sure!

Our community group just finished studying Ephesians and will begin Philippians as that is the current series out Pastor is doing in church.

Peggy said...

What a precious bookmark. Thank you for sharing this scripture!