Monday, March 3, 2014

Note To Self

I heard a good message at church yesterday...it was one of those "oh, you knew
I'd be here today" kind of messages.  Conviction after conviction.  Even some tears. 
One of the statements that really convicted me also reminded me of my
"un-word" that I chose earlier this year.
 


"It's easy to spend time on stuff that
amounts to nothing."
 
It's so easy to do that...and there I go. Wasting precious time again. 
 
Another quote from yesterday's message...
"You are a production in the hands of God."
 
I want there to be evidence of progress in that production.  There are things that need to be developed in my character and in my activities.  There isn't time to work on developing those things if I'm otherwise occupied by spending time on stuff that doesn't really matter.
 
And one more...
"You are a participant in the work of God."
I need to cooperate with Him. I need to be available.  I need to use my time more purposefully.  I need to use my time on things that count....things that amount to something.
 
Note to Self:
Substance over stuff.
 
 

4 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

An important message, indeed. It applies to all of us. As we are about to enter into the Lenten season, I am planning on devoting more time to prayer and reflection and to think more about the burden that Christ bore for me and what that means.
xoxo
Joyce

Simply Shelley said...

A good message for each of us to hear and take to heart.....some very wise words....thank you for sharing with us dear friend....blessings

Ann said...

what a great message. It's so hard sometimes to make those little positive changes in our lives so reminders from time to time are always welcome

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, I am so with you here. Your thoughts from my very thoughts as well.