Monday, April 6, 2009

Random Monday Memories



I remember the days when I felt more like the "energizer bunny" than "Mr. Slowsky" the turtle. But that’s all there is – just the memories.

I spent about 12 hours cleaning and organizing and boxing up things in my workroom last Saturday. It’s almost to the point of being ready for wall prep and then paint!
I feel like I really accomplished something….but I was exhausted at the end of the day!

Yesterday, my children and grandbabies came over for dinner. It was the first time all three babies were together! It was wonderful! We took tons of pictures (stay-tuned for some of those) and just had a great time together….but, again, I was exhausted even before the end of the day!

It has been a long month or so but I remember when a month like this one would have gotten the adrenaline going, it would have energized me and spurred me on to bigger and better things….now all it’s done is worn me out!! I realized something this weekend. I’m getting older…actually according to the following…I’m older than dirt!! No wonder I'm tired!


Count all the ones that you remember- not the ones you were told about!
Blackjack chewing gum
Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water
Candy cigarettes
Soda pop machines that dispensed bottle
Coffee shops with tableside jukeboxes
Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers
Party lines
Newsreels before the movie
P.F. Flyers
Butch wax
Telephone numbers with a word prefix (Olive - 6933)
Peashooters
Howdy Doody
45 RPM records
S&H Green Stamps
Hi-fi's
Metal ice trays with lever
Mimeograph paper
Blue flashbulb
Packards
Roller skate keys
Cork popguns
Drive-ins
Studebakers
Wash tub wringers
Using hand signals for cars without turn signals

If you remembered 0-5 = You're still young
If you remembered 6-10 = You are getting older
If you remembered 11-15 = Don't tell your age
If you remembered 16-25 = You're older than dirt!

I remembered 18 ~ how about you?

5 comments:

Katie said...

I'm still young. I only remember 5 from first-hand experience. :)

Unknown said...

I remembered 13. That was fun!!!
I am so glad that I was taught and remembered the hand turn-signals, as I needed them about a month ago when my right-turn signal light burned out, and it took about a week to get in and get it fixed. I found myself thinking of how I could avoid right turns, so I didn't have to use the trusty ol' arm turn signal. :D
Happy Days.....Happy Memories.
I'm 36, but I thank God that I grew up in a small town that didn't change too quickly, I think I saw some of these because of that fact.
Love,
Melissa
p.s. Found a twig, yet, for your squirrel acronym stitchery?

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I'm older than dirt, and then some!
Cora

Scrap for Joy said...

What is older than "older than dirt"? I knew them all, and just in case you wonder about my memory,our telephone number was
CL(earfield)5-5091. Now what did I have for supper last night/ Hmmmmmmmm!

Scrap for Joy said...

See, I forgot to add that I was just thinking about the very thing you said at the beginning. I find it takes me twice as long to so half as much as I used to. I'm cleaning this week before mny daughter comes and I can't believe how slow I am!
OK-I'm done now.
j