Friday, April 3, 2009

This is What I Made for the Swap


Last week I mentioned the Vintage Spring Sweetness Swap I was in. I showed you the sweet squirrel stitchery that Melissa made for me. It's so cute!
~~~~
Now I'd like to show you one of the vintage spring things I made for her.
It's a little hanging bottle that can hold a pretty vintage posy or a little water and a plant cutting.

It started out as one of these. A Cracker Barrel individual size syrup bottle. I love their breakfasts ~ they probably won't work with a Weight Watchers plan though!


I cleaned it up real good and then used Modge Podge to seal a little paper image and quote on it. I found these in a little "quote of the day" booklet. I wasn't very neat while brushing on the Modge Podge because I wanted to add glitter to the bottle ~ beyond the edges of the paper. I just sprinkled it on and let it dry. I love how the dried Modge Podge gives the glass an icy kind of look.


I wrapped some gold wire around the "neck" of the bottle ~ leaving several inches to curl and add buttons to. I also added some curls and a button to the loop part of the wire. I don't like to see the nail that something like this might hang on so I try to make sure it will be hidden. The golden curls ought to do the trick!


I'd like to make some more of these ~ any one want to join me for pancakes at Cracker Barrel?

3 comments:

plain*worker*primitives said...

That is so pretty ....what a great redo of a bottle!
She'll love it!!

XO
melissa

Scrap for Joy said...

I LOVE your bottle! Cracker Barrel...now I have an excuse to eat pancakes. When should we meet?

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Wow! I just love the little bottle!!!!! And I'd love to join you at Cracker Barrel for pancakes! I remember once years ago I wanted a set of Christmas stemware they were giving away at Arby's. I never drank so many cokes in all my life!!!!!

Cora