Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's Fall Y'all! ~ A Fall Inspiration Party

Rhoda, at Southern Hospitality, is having a Fall Inspiration Party. Visit her blog today and be ready to be inspired.

I think Mums are a wonderful fall decoration. A few pots of these equals instant garden! I mentioned wanting to get some of my own and I did. Well actually Mandy bought them for me. She's such a good daughter!!

Four big pots full of MUMS!! My little squirrel is totally inspired by his surroundings!

I love apples ~ my favorite is a crunchy, juicy, shiny Red apple! But the next bit of "fall love" calls for a beautiful Granny Smith apple. Each year we (at work) mail out a recipe to our clients. We try to pick something different, easy and definitely yummy! So far, according to the clients, we've been very successful. This year should be no different.

This year's recipe uses some of these beauties!


Here's our recipe ~ Brian's Apple Brownies. My co-worker Regina found the recipe and my co-worker Joan baked up a batch for us to sample.....and me, well I sampled!!! They were yummy!


Soon we'll be sliding one of these recipe cards into this beautiful greeting card and mailing them off. Hopefully our clients will be inspired enough to bake up their own batch of

Brian's Apple Brownies.

Now in case you're wondering who Brian is ~ I found this info about him.
Brian Ciavarella, a soccer playing sixth-grader from Alden Terrace School in Elmont, New York, developed this apple brownie dessert from a recipe traditionally made by his mother, Virginia.
The recipe appeared on Page 125 of the September 20, 1994 Woman's Day Magazine.
~~~:::~~~
One more bit of inspiration for you.....I love this poem and the image it creates in my mind....especially the "warm, leafy quilt on the ground"!

The Leaves
The leaves had a wonderful frolic.
They danced to the wind’s loud song.
They whirled, they floated, and scampered.
They circled and flew along.
The moon saw the little leaves dancing.
Each looked like a small, brown bird.
The man in the moon smiled and listened,
And this is the song he heard.
The North Wind is calling, is calling
And we must whirl round and round,
And then, when our dancing is ended,
We’ll make a warm quilt on the ground.
--Anonymous

22 comments:

Stacey said...

Hi Marie! There's nothing better than beautiful mums in the fall. That little squirrel peeking out is adorable. Delicious looking recipe. :)

Marianne said...

Apple brownies now that is a good idea. I am getting in the mood for some baking!

Blondie's Journal said...

This is a lovely post, Marie!! I love mums and yours look so pretty with that little squirrel nestled in there!!

I think it is very nice what you do with the recipes. And I love your grand finale...the pretty poem!

Happy fall, y'all!!

xoxo
Janie

Sue said...

Pretty mums w/a cute little squirrel hiding in them.... I will so have to try these apple brownies!

niartist said...

Oh this is just beautiful! I love MUMS! Definitely a fantastic way to ring in fall! Thanks for sharing! Oh, and if you're going to be doing any spooky Halloween decor, stop by my blog for a how-to and a giveaway! I hope you can! :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love the squirrel hiding in the mums. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Debra@CommonGround said...

The mums are gorgeous, instant fall decorating! And the brownies sound delish!
Debra

Susie Q said...

Those brownies look soooo good!
Brownies are always a good thing! : )
Thank yo for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments!I hope it is alright that I added you to my blog roll!
Mums are so beautiful. They just shout FALL! And I love squirrels!! How cute is yours!!
Love,
Sue

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I've never heard of apple brownies but they sound like they might be pretty good! Mums always say fall to me and your little squirrel looks so cute amongst them!

Manuela

Ashlee said...

Hi Marie! Have you ever tried a Pink Lady Apple?

Thanks for stopping by by blog and for the kind comment. I would love if you signed up to follow me! Thanks

Hopemore Studio said...

Marie, I will have to try this recipe, I am quite intrigued. We are off to pick apples at the farm this weekend so I will have lots to work with.

Thanks again form stopping by my blog. It makes a newbie feel good...lol.
Angie

The Stylish House said...

Hi Marie,
Thank you for stopping by my blog, and leaving your kind comment. This is a lovely post. I enjoyed the poem you included; it definitely paints an autumn picture in my mind. I’m trying very hard to be good about my diet, but this recipe looks very tempting!
Cathy

Sherri said...

Cute little squirrel and apple brownies sound Yummy!

Scrap for Joy said...

The brownie recipe is one I will have to try-they sound wonderful. Have you ever had honeycrisp apples? They are out right now but they don't have a long season. I ate one last week in the car and had to go home and change my shirt because it was so juicy-yum!
Your squirrel is so cute-I have a cement one too but he's not nearly as cute as yours. I'm still trying to wrap my mind about the fact that it's fall!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Dear Marie, Such a perfect post for fall. Beautiful colors, flowers, apples and even a yummy recipe! Thank you!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for stopping by and your kind words.

Richella Parham said...

What a lot of autumn fun! Beautiful!

Sounds like you work with some great folks!

Breathing In Grace said...

Such a beautiful post...thanks for stopping by my little blog and leaving a comment!!!

Julie said...

What a wonderful post
xoxo
Julie

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Beautiful post, Marie! Love your pics, thanks for joining the party.

joyh82 said...

the brownie recipe sounds awesome and what pretty decorations and mums you have.

june@craftyniche said...

Your recipe looks yummy! I am going to have to get me some Mums. They are so pretty for fall!