Friday, August 26, 2011

Good Thoughts

Back in April of 2010 I posted this quote:

Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones;
and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace.
God is awake.
Victor Hugo


Earlier this week I was reading some old posts and came upon this one and the comments left on it.  I really love something Michelle Palmer said in her comment and I wanted to share it.

"We always tell our children to walk through the day with honesty, kindness, gentleness, patience etc.... because at night ~ when you put your head on your pillow, as you fall asleep and reflect on your day, you want good memories of your choices."

Wouldn't it be nice if "all children" were told this.




Here's a tiny peek at two drawings I bought from Michelle yesterday.  Aren't they amazing?!  I'll be framing these and hanging them.........hmmmm, not sure where yet!  I'll show you when I decide.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

8 comments:

Dorthe said...

Dear Marie, a beautiful post, in every way-
I love Michelles fantastic drawings, and the quote- and her saying is something to live after, surely.
Happy friday.
Dorthe

Little Birdie Blessings said...

A nice post Marie, good reminders for those of us who have little ones, or help care for them (like me). I love the artwork by Michelle. She can really capture the details of the birds and feathers. Thanks for sharing. ~ Abby

Hopemore Studio said...

I love Michelle's drawings and have always been tempted to purchase some. These will be beautiful in your home.
Angie

Avery Hill said...

This is a beautiful post!

Congratulations, Marie! You won my giveaway for my mom (Michelle's) mini calendar!

Thank you for your sweet comments and for putting my giveaway on your sidebar...

Email me your address at: averyhill@rochester.rr.com and I will send your calendar as soon as possible :)

My all your days be joyful,
Alaina

Anonymous said...

Michelle's work IS amazing. It comes from her heart.

Hugs, Marie!

Diane

Simply Shelley said...

Beautiful post Marie....much truth spoken...love the sweet drawings....blessings.

Ann said...

the quote, Michelle's comment and the drawings are all perfect.

Scrap for Joy said...

I need to remember the Hugo quote right now. The comment that Michelle wrote is so important, I am saving it. I, too, love her drawings. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to use some of them in my dining room.
xoxo
Thinking of you!
J