Friday, May 24, 2013

Look What I Saw....

I visited Lititz, PA. on Wednesday, with friends.  It's a charming little town...a nice break from the hustle, bustle of my usual surroundings!  It's a town filled with a myriad of eclectic and creative, independently owned shops, quaint cafes and unique and it even smells good!  As residents of Lititz like to say..."We’ve even given the air a scent of chocolate".
 
Here's a little peek at some of the things I saw. 
 
Shops are encouraged to add a wreath to their door....something that suggests
what might be found inside.
This wreath hangs on the door of Lititz Wine Shop.

I loved all the window boxes and planters scattered about.

These big, fun, metal flowers were 50% off...I was very tempted.

An old chair, an enamel pot, and some herbs....perfect little display!

I'm going to make a little sign for my backyard....
"A Weed Is A Plant Whose Virtues Have Not Yet Been Discovered."

We crossed over a bridge at the same time several duck families swam under it....
love the little yellow guy!

Remember the scent of chocolate in the air?  Well, here it comes!

It wasn't just in the air either....we got to sample a bite (or three) in our mouths too!


This sign made me laugh!

Confession....I didn't just look!  I bought this stitchery at The Curiosity Shoppe.
I think it's the solution to what will hang over the bed in the yellow room!
 
 
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
 


3 comments:

Ann said...

That looks like a fun town. Is that dark chocolate? My favorite :)
Love the name of that bakery

Susan Holt Simpson said...

That looks like my kind of trip!

Simply Shelley said...

What a fun time that must have been. Thanks for sharing your little get away with us. I may make a sign about weeds too,for a friends birthday present :) I love what you picked to bring home...very nice. Blessings dear friend.