Friday, February 27, 2015

Thrift Store Fun

I had another fun trip to the thrift store this week. 
I found a little bit of springtime & some long, lost relatives...among other things!!


We have a lot of mugs.  I would guess that 85% of them are from Disney World. That's certainly not a bad thing...but when I spotted these two mugs I decided they were too "springy" to pass up!


The same goes for these three pedestal compotes.  They're so bright and cheery.
Wouldn't they look cute with some little succulents planted inside!



The flashcards and playing cards will be added to my paper stash. Playing cards can be re-purposed in so many ways!  I'm thinking about turning them into price tags.


One of my favorite finds was this candle. The company is called Rewined.  The smell is amazing!  The candle is made using a re-purposed wine bottle...and it's never been burned!!  
They retail for about $28.00...I paid $5.00!! 


I'm a sucker for old photos at the thrift store.  It makes me sad to see them there..separated from their family.  As long as they're not too expensive they come home with me. 
They might be my long-lost relatives!


Such a cute pair of brothers!  I just couldn't leave them behind.
I wonder what their names were....maybe James, on the left,
and Edward, on the right?? 



Well, whoever they are, they're hanging in my workroom now. Framed and all!
 


4 comments:

Ann Thompson said...

I want to go thrifting with you. You found some great stuff. Those mugs are cheery.

Barbara Eads said...

I pick up old photos too. I call them my adopted family. I cannot imagine getting rid of such beautiful pictures. Do share you ideas for re-purposing old playing cards. I have tons and could use some new ideas!!

Simply Shelley said...

Wonderful finds. I love the old pictures. How could anyone give up their family :) Blessings

Jo said...

Those are some great finds. It's so odd to me that people would get rid of old photographs. Those pictures are so nice and in good condition. Glad you grabbed them up.