Friday, July 25, 2008

Fingerprints of God

Dear Lord,
Please guide my grandchildren to your gift of salvation. I pray that they will come to know you, to love you and to walk close to you throughout their lives. May they boldly claim Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Guide them as they make choices that have eternal consequences. Help them to choose you and to follow you each moment of their lives. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.
(this prayer is taken from "The Grandmother's Bible)


Oh my goodness - they are the sweetest things I've ever seen! They're on my mind every day and I long for the next moment I'll be with them!!
Charlotte will be at my house all day tomorrow. Her mama has to work and her daddy wants to get some "home" work done so Charlotte gets to spend the day with Gramma & Grandpa & Aunt Mandy & Great-Grandpa (AKA the G-pap). I wouldn't be surprised if Uncle Kevin & Aunt Jacqi stopped by too! Oh my, there will have to be a whole lot of sharing going on!!! Isn't her first teddy bear sweet?

Sunday afternoon the whole family will be meeting at "Cracker Barrel". We'll be having a nice lunch - but I'm not going for the food, I'm going so I can see Elijah!! We haven't seen him (or Joe & Jo) in almost two weeks and we're all having some withdrawal pains. I know we'll have to share there too! Two weeks is a long time - I can't wait to see how much he's changed. Don't you love his blue jeans!?

I love my family so much. Grandchildren are the best and Cracker Barrel is kind of fun too! Babies, shopping and food all in one spot. My kind of place! The only negative thing I can think of is that we're not eating there on Saturday too. That means none of that yummy "chicken and rice"! Sorry Mandy!


"I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you.”
Gen. 17:7


***************************
My daughter-in-law Jacqi took the photographs.
I think they're wonderful!
Not only do we have cute babies, we also have a talented someone to take their pictures!

1 comment:

Scrap for Joy said...

Hi Marie-you are so right-Grandchildren are the very best and your two sweet munchkins are just precious! They grow so quickly and change so much in that first year of life. Enjoy those sweeties!
~Joyce