Sunday, October 5, 2008

Great is His Faithfulness


We had another excellent message in church this morning ~ I took a lot of notes that I will reflect upon during the coming weeks. But I don't want to share about that, what I'd like to share happened shortly before the actual message. We finished a praise song and a video came on the screen. A man in the video talked about the scary things going on in the economy these days...banks failing, Wall Street reacting, people worrying...you know, all the stuff that's been on the news and in the papers!

A catch phrase kept appearing in the video
~ this....is not this ~
It was flashed on the screen several times. Then fear and worry was reiterated, money matters discussed and still that phrase was there ~ as yet unexplained. But then it was explained and it was so convicting, so inspiring and so very true!

This....



...is not this!




It's not about the money, or the problems, or who's president or who's not....it's all about the cross. It's all about the cross, and God's grace and His faithfulness. How dare I doubt that He's in control! I look back at the past...I see where I was and I see what He's brought me thorough! Why would He forget me now? Why would He forget my needs and even my dreams? He's in control and I trust Him to provide exactly what I need ~ exactly what my children need ~ exactly what this nation needs.


After the video we sang Great Is Thy Faithfulness ~ and it truly is!

Great is thy faithfulness
Oh God my father
There is no shadow of turning with thee
Thou changest not
Thy compassions they fail not
As thou hast been
Thou forever will be

Summer and Winter
Springtime and harvest
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join in all nature
in manifold witness
To thy great faithfulness
Mercy and love

Great is Thy faithfulness
Great is Thy faithfulness
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness
Lord unto me


No comments: