Monday, April 20, 2009

Random Monday Memories


It was thirty three years ago ~ but the memory remains very clear! Passing a kidney stone...well, it just HURTS! It was in 1976. I remember because it happened in between my first and second pregnancies...I had comparisons for the pain.

The kidney stones were MUCH more painful! Labor contractions come and go, but kidney stone pain is constant and brutal. Ladies...think a REALLY long contraction...like at least six hours long! First the doctors needed to figure out exactly what the problem was and then they gave me pain medication. By the time they did, I had decided that death would be preferable! It was awful.....

Flash forward to 2009. Deja vu!
On April 7th I posted this. I took my medicine like a big girl and felt a bit better up until late Saturday night. Then the symptoms started returning. I spoke with the doctor yesterday and he said he thinks it's too soon to have another infection and that it sounds like a kidney stone. I said "I'm thinking the same thing!". He said to go to the ER or Nighttime Pediatrics if the pain gets really bad, otherwise come to see him today. I took a pain pill (or two or three...) and opted to visit him today.

So......prayers would be appreciated. It's spring and I want to focus on decorative garden stones, I want to help my daughter envision her new patio from The Stone Store ~ I do not want to be dealing with KIDNEY stones!!


~~~~~

2 Corinthians 4:16

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day."

3 comments:

kara h said...

I was directed to your blog today by a dear friend over at sweet-annabelle.blogspot.com.

Just wanted to say UGG, how well I know this pain! I have a kidney condition that causes chronic (near-daily) kidney stones, which leads to infections. It makes me much more sympathetic to other's stone pain! :o) I'm just about to sit down to my Quite Time so I'll say a prayer that you glorify God today no matter the circumstances!!

In Him,
Kara

Scrap for Joy said...

Oh my poor Marie-kidney stones are very painful and I will pray for the pain to be lifted and a successful result to come quickly! Please take care!
XOXO
Joyce

Regina said...

As a fellow kidney stone surviver...you are in my prayers my dear friend!