Monday, December 28, 2009

Random Monday Memories

I can't remember the last time I didn't watch my favorite Christmas movies before Christmas went by ~ until this year! It occurred to me this morning that all I did was talk about getting out my DVDs but I never actually did.

No White Christmas! No Holiday Inn! No It's A Wonderful Life (my very favorite)! And no Miracle on 34th Street (I love both versions)!

I'm not sure how it happened. I usually manage to watch at least a couple of them. But this year went by so quickly ~ and the time in between Thanksgiving and Christmas ~ well, I blinked and it was gone!!

I think I'll watch one of them tonight! Now that the hustle and bustle is over I can actually sit down and enjoy it. Then when it's over, I think I'll give a little thought to changes I can make so next year's celebration isn't quite as crazy as this one was.

Is one of these movies your favorite? Did you have time to watch it this Christmas season?

6 comments:

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Sounds like a great idea, Marie! I like to take this time until the Epiphany as the "relaxing" part of he Holiday. Maybe you could get them all in bfore the Twelve Days is done on January 6. Pop some corn and enjoy!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

It's not too late to enjoy one or two of your favorite Christmas movies! My favorite is the Christmas Carol (Muppet version and Kelsey Grammer version) I got it in early otherwise I would not had found the time.

It has been such a joy to come to know you this year and your precious family. Looking forward to many more visits with you in the coming New Year.

Your Friend, ldh

Scrap for Joy said...

I saw White Christmas (my favorite) this year but somehow missed Miracle on 34th St....the old version...love Natalie Wood and Maureen O'Hara! How was your shopping excursion...successful?

Debbie said...

I got to catch the tail end of 'Its A Wonderful Life' one night but that was about it. Most of my DVD's are still in storage so that is my excuse. I love all the ones you listed and "Christmas in Connecticutt' with Barbara Stanwick... too. I love the old movies.

How was Christmas with Elijah?

Take Care and stay warm! Still no snow here...

Debbie

Unknown said...

Marie, I always see your sweet smiling face on Joyce's blog. How happy I am to have checked in today to see my most favorite movies. I love when they get to Vermont in White Christmas. I love when they get to the Inn in Holiday Inn. I love the apartment scenes in 34th Street. I love the gymnasium scene in Wonderful Life. You are right, we need to watch one this evening! Elizabeth

Simply Shelley said...

I did manage to watch these movies before Christmas past....I watched It's a wonderful life on Christmas night...we usually make a family night of it but,not this year.....have a very blessed New Year Marie.......