Monday, May 19, 2014

Swap For All Seasons

Here I am...late as usual with sharing what I sent and received for the May swap.  Our theme was weddings and our color cream or white.   This was one of my favorite months...both to give and receive.  I mailed to Lorraine.  She makes some beautiful paper art....and shares some free printables on her blog.  Here's a link to a peek at both.  Lorraine said that she liked the creamy treasures I sent to her.
 
 
This is the tag and the card I sent to her.  I love this image of a bride that I used on the tag...I think she looks so content and happy!
 

Wouldn't it be lovely if all marriages were of the "happily ever after" sort!



Putting together a bit of destash was very easy this month....I have lots and lots of cream and white goodies to share.


Joyce from Scrap for Joy mailed to me this month.  I was so excited when I saw she would be sharing her creations with me.  Joyce has been my friend for almost six years...she is one of the very best perks from starting this blog of mine!  


Just look at the wonderful things she sent!  She loves to create with her Julie Nutting Paper Doll stamps.  Look how pretty the tag is!  Love the bit of bling she's wearing in her hair!



The card she created is amazing...layers and layers of paper lace, a sweet image, a silky flower, and more bling!  I have a couple weddings coming up...but I'm just not sure I can part with this card!



Look at the ribbon and ribbon cards she sent.  I have some bits of vintage lace that I'll wind onto the extra ribbon cards Joyce sent.  I LOVE the paper lace she sent...and you can never have too many creamy buttons!



This silk flower is over 4 inches in diameter...I'm thinking of pinning it to the doily lampshade I made over a year ago.  There's a perfect spot just waiting for it on the  shade.  Thanks so much for all the pretties you sent to me Joyce! You spoiled me for sure!!


June's swap theme is "A Guy Thing"...with some black or gray destash.  It might be a little more challenging, but I think it's going to be fun to see what everyone comes up with!
 
Linda, thanks so much for coming up with such awesome themes each month!  You are the best swap hostess ever!
 
 


3 comments:

Ann said...

Both packages are awesome. The tag and card you made are beautiful.

Scrap for Joy said...

Hi Marie!
Lorraine does indeed do dream-worthy work, but then, so do you!You have really become quite an accomplished paper-crafter! Yay! Your card and tag were so elegant and I will have to remember the buttons-on-a-safety-pin-thing, I love the way that looks.
In addition to being a talented paper artist you are a wonderful photographer. I think I need to stop using my camera in favor of David's fancier camera. Your photos made my work look good. When I see you, will you photograph me...maybe you can work some magic there-lol!
Hope your sight improves to the point where you can order those new specs!
xoxo

Unknown said...

I always love seeing your stash exchanges. Very fun!

What beautiful things you sent and received! (And it reminded me that I need some wedding cards. lol)