Monday, August 18, 2014

A Swap For All Seasons

Life, the past month or so, has not been blog writing and reading friendly.  I have a little time here and there, but I haven't really been able to get back into a regular schedule.  Hope that changes because I miss visiting my blogging friends!
For the eleventh month in a row, I'm participating in A Swap For All Seasons...hosted by the wonderfully creative Linda!  She comes up with great ideas every month!  The theme for the August 1st mailing date was "Just My Style"...and I loved it!  Here's a look at the card and tag I created for Elizabeth...and the "destash" I sent to her. 


As I mentioned, the theme was "Just My Style'.  I'm not sure I have a specific style.  I like colorful, retro, patriotic, lace and roses, vintage....pretty much you name it!  For "my style this month" I chose a neutral bird theme....and I'm really happy with how it all turned out.



The tag is one of my favorite ones that I've ever made. I love thatit has a lot going on...including one of the wire nests that I love to make!  Keeping with the neutral theme...I packaged the destash in a tiny, brown, paper bag.


Pam sent me this sweet card and tag.  She told me she chose a little boy and girl in honor of my grnadchildren (who appear frequently on my blog!). I though that was so thoughtful of her!!



Pam sent me quite the assortment of destash too!  I especially love the lily of the valleys postcard...the wooden spools...the yoyos...the milk cap...pretty much all of it!!
I just had to take a photo of the envelope she mailed my goodies in.  Aren't these stamps wonderful!  I'll be saving these for sure!


The theme for the final month in this series of swaps is Halloween...with a bit of orange destash...definitely another fun theme!!  I'd expect no less from Linda!

3 comments:

Ann said...

I love the tag you did and the package you sent out was awesome. The one you got was great too.

Scrap for Joy said...

Wowzers! I love your card and tag, too! The sheet music cover image is gorgeous and pairs perfectly with the bird nest image! The tag is drool worthy both front and back...great job Marie! I sure hope this swap continues in some fashion. It's the best!
Movers come Friday...just a little frantic here!!!! Praying for strength for the week!
xoxo

Susan Holt Simpson said...

How do you get to participate in a swap like this? Amazing!