Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Bottle Caps & Hoops

Well, this is it. I drop off all my creations tomorrow.  I managed to get some things done on Saturday, and there will be a little bit of last minute crafting going on tomorrow and Thursday.  Here's a peek at a few more of my crafty creations.
 

 
Up above are some over-sized bottle caps turned into ornaments...or maybe even a necklace. They're a little larger than a half-dollar....and way prettier!  I added a "handmade with love" to the back of each, for ease of hanging.  They lose a little bit of their sparkle in the photos.  Definitely some of my favorite creations this year.
Down below are a couple more re-purposed hoops...this time they're filled with pieces of old quilts.  A quilt has to be pretty tattered for me to cut it up.  The first quilt dates back to the 1800s.  A friend of mine gave me several pieces of the old quilt, and I'm slowly allowing myself to use it.  The other hoop is filled with a piece of pillow sham....circa 2000 and something.  It's a whole lot easier to cut up! 


 
I'm having fun creating this year!!
 
 

5 comments:

Heather said...

I love old quilts! Especially from the 1800's. I have a panel from one that was made during the Civil War and it just amazes me- the craftsmanship and the history is mind-blowing! But your hoop idea inspired me as to how to display the panel! Thank you!

Your bottle cap ornaments are just wonderful!!! Those would be awesome on a tree with just a little tinsel and that s all. I can't believe how tiny those trees are!!!

Have a wonderful day!

Blessings!

Susan Holt Simpson said...

I love looking in on your blog and finding all the wonderful, beautiful things you've been making and enjoying!

If you lived nearby, I'd be an annoying drop-in neighbor!

:)

s

Peggy said...

It's easy to see why you've had so much fun crafting! Everything you've made has turned out really pretty. Best of luck at the bazaar. I'll bet you won't be bringing anything back home with you!

Dorthe said...

Dear Marie,
your caps looks wonderful, I love the trees and all the glitter :-)
And love the old quilt pieces ,too_-
wish you good luck, Marie- I`m on in 2 weeks from now!!
Hugs,Dorthe

Ann said...

It all looks great. Those bottle cap ornaments are very nice and what a great idea with the hoops